A few people have some photos of their summer and well, heck, I was going to write this really deep post about labor day and that photo of a faux historical marker. But somehow it didn’t gel. So instead, some photos from my summer.
Descriptions below the fold…
1. A bunch of our friends bought us this canoe last year for our wedding. We finally got to use it on a chain of lakes.
2. We have a flag pole on our house! We fly the rainbow flag, as well a world peace flag, a rainbow-peace combo flag, a beer flag, and brand! new! a Mexican flag (the last is going up in a couple of days for Mexican Independence). Oh and we have an American flag that we reluctantly put up for the 4th of July. <cue sarcasm>Cos we are America/freedom-haters. Yup, that’s the ticket. Yeah. /sarcasm.
3. At Nia training. We’re getting ready to clear the space. Yeah, Nia’s a bit woo-wah-y that way.
4. New kitten! He loves to sleep with the sqvirrel. Well, who can blame him. :)
5. Vacation to Mount Desert Island.
6. Raspberry pie. The sqvirrel made a lot of pies this year: rhubarb, strawberry-rhubarb, strawberry, blueberry, plum, and blueberry. (I think that’s the whole list. It’s a dizzying list, no? And divine!!!)
7. My local farmer’s market. I heart it very much.