I am stuck here in an airport. Flight delayed. Will never sleep on this overnight flight, if the number of hyper teenagers in the boarding area is anything to go on. But hey, I get to blog. No free wi-fi in this large airport in the middle of the country. What's with that? They have it in Pittsburgh. The entire state of RI is apparently going to have wi-fi (huh, will it be free though? sqvirrel? Answer, please).
Anyway, in order to pass the time I did this meme. I saw it at Ink and Incompatibility who saw it at Profgrrrrl's (where I would have seen it but her blog is lower down on my bloglines page and so…well I click through alphabetically).
1. Do you use an alarm clock to wake up? Well, yes. But it’s the sqvirrel’s.
2. What time does your alarm go off? 8.30am. We are way lazy in the turtlebella-sqvirrel household. I keep thinking I’m banking sleep for when little ones that never sleep arrive.
3. What sound does it make? This really really obnoxious loud screeching. It scares the living daylights out of me, every time. But we’ll sleep through NPR unless they start talking to a politician or someone from military at which point I start yelling at the radio.
4. Do you hit the snooze button? How many times? The sqvirrel hits it several time. But I usually get up right away because the dogs know what that sound is and expect to EAT immediately.
5. If you have a partner, do they have a separate alarm? No. I so way already answered this question.
6. Does your partner get up at the same time, earlier or later? Later lately. Hmmm, what I mean is he used to get up before me. That’s because I used to get up at like 6am, feed dogs, go back to bed. Now trained dogs to wait for the alarm. Does this work with babies? hahahahaha
7. Is your clock set ahead? If so, by how much? No this is too confusing.
8. What's the first thing you do when you get up? Put on glasses. Cannot.see.a.damn.thing.without.them. Then I feed dogs. Otherwise they will a) eat me, b) poop all over house in protest or b) die.
9. Do you eat breakfast? If so, what? Yes. At least a cup of coffee, half warm or hot milk. And if at home cereal or grapenuts with whole yoghurt. And fresh squeezed grapefruit jucie from the juicer my mom got me. If in Portugal, rolls with butter. As many as I can eat before I look like a greedy American
10. How long does it take you to get ready? 10 minute shower, 2 minutes to put all the crap on my face now that I am 32 and have sun damage and wrinkles. 2 minutes to get dressed. That’s a 14 minute total.
11. On the weekends, what time do you get up? At 8.30 for the dogs, back to bed until 10 or 11 or 12.
12. Do you lounge or do you jump into action? Lounge, lounge, lounge. Coffee to be drunk. Email and blogs to be checked! Dogs to be cuddled! Got to hear abou the interesting news of the day from the sqvirrel who reads the paper every day.
13. In an ideal world, what time would you get up? 10AM.
14. How many hours of sleep do you typically get? 8 hours unless weekend
15. How many hours of sleep do you want to get? 10 or more. I love love love sleep. Naps should be a national pastime.
Also can I take this moment to say that, the world should not be biased against late-sleepers.