Four Guilty Pleasures in Books/Reading:
- Rosamund Pilcher
- Mary Stewart (not the Arthur books which I wouldn’t feel guilty about)
- British chick lit (American if placed in Boston in a pinch but not in NYC)
- blogs, blogs, blogs
Four Guilty Pleasures in Movies:
- all of the Star Wars movies (I don’t care what critics or other fans say about Episodes I, II, or III)
- I have Breakfast at Tiffany’s memorized. Really.
- Any British, very slow moving or where nothing really happens movies, e.g., Enchanted April or
Day atMonth by the Lake
- Almost any movie with Daniel Day Lewis (have seen most of ‘em with notable exception of Gangs of New York, too violent)
Four Guilty Pleasures in Food: Okay, it is SO not fair that there are only FOUR guilty pleasures in food allowed! I have too many of these.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough (yes, with the eggs)
- Garlic bagel chips
- Candy, mostly sour/sweet like Sour Patch Kids. I once ate so many Sour Patch Kids that I got blisters on the roof of my mouth! It was kind of cool. I’ve never quite managed to repeat.
Four Guilty Pleasures in Music:
- Beautiful South (I think really nice but somehow I have the impression that this band is the ultimate in cheese in UK; British bloggy types, chime in?)
- Almost anything on oldies radio station
- Shania Twain (mostly her first two albums)
- Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow (see #2)
Four Guilty Pleasures in TV:
- I watch way too much Law & Order, all of them
- As Times Goes By (I love this show so much I want to BE the character Judi Dench plays and the sqvirrel to be the male lead when we grow up)
- The fact that I’ll watch just about anything on TV, except reality or quiz shows
- HGTV, especially Design on a Dime
Four Guilty Pleasures in Booze:
- Beer. Good beer. Microbrew or homebrew or British real ale. (well I don’ reallyt feel guilty about it but it’s what I drink the most so it has to be on here?)
- Gin martini-soaked olives
- Godiva chocolate martinis at Grand Central Hilton in NYC
- Tequila shots, in rapid succession and of a cheapish brand
I tag anyone who hasn't done this and who does memes at all!
Update, I amused to note how much of an anglophile this meme has revealed me to be. There are 8 British things on here. And that I apparently feel guilty for being an anglophile…